Railway Inn ~ About Us
A traditional county pub offering a very warm welcome.
Located in Mobberley near Knutsford, the Railway Inn is a family-run, freehold village pub situated in the middle of the beautiful Cheshire countryside. With an extensive menu plus our regularly changing blackboard specials - our hearty homecooked food offers the best of what's in season.
Well known locally as a family-friendly, cosy pub - you can relax beside our log fires, enjoy one of our cask ales or spend time in our garden with it's outdoor seating and play area.
Contact us to make a table reservation or book your special event! From small celebrations to birthdays, anniversaries or christenings - we can host the perfect party for any occasion. Providing hot and cold buffets or more formal dining - our dining room is the ideal place to get together with family and friends.
Some history & interesting info about the Railway Inn:
- The Railway Inn was formerly a mill house and the building was converted into a pub around 1860 when the Manchester to Chester railway line was built.
- The Railway Inn has been run by Tony and Lynda for over 25 years. It has been in the family since 1937 when Tony's great aunt was the licensee until 1972. In 1988 Tony and Lynda moved into the pub with their children Laura and Matthew, who now help to run the pub - keeping it a family business.
- The Railway Inn has it's own county standard bowling green with nine Railway Inn Bowling Teams – Gents, Ladies, Mixed & Veteren. (There are also darts and dominos teams that run from the pub. New members are always welcome!).
- The Railway Inn is very close to the second runway at Manchester Airport so the large garden is a plane spotters paradise!
- The Railway is a good base for walkers as there are lots of public footpaths nearby. Customers can leave their cars and order their lunch in advance so it's ready for when they return from a walk in the lovely countryside.